Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hitler didn't get cancer...

I read that in a book recently. It's funny, so many people (myself included) have said that I don't deserve to get cancer. But in that book, I read something that struck a chord. It said, people often say how it's not fair for someone to get the beast called cancer. But the truth is, cancer doesn't go after bad people. As the book cited, Hitler never got cancer, nor did Attila the Hun. Point being, maybe it's a warped compliment that I got this disease. It reminds me of my favorite quote, "I believe that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much". (Mother Theresa said that.)

Besides, "Who said life is fair? Where is that written?" (Yes, I am watching the Princess Bride while typing. Classic!)

With that said, God does trust me. But trust must be earned in order to be sustained. So I have to keep the faith. I have to keep on keeping on.

I have a friend who is going recently found a lump. She has her mammogram on July 26th. Kindly keep her in your prayers that she gets good news that it is nothing to be concerned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment