Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a day at the spa. or something like that

I had the muga scan today, and as far as I know, it went well. I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so as far as I know, Friday is still game day.

Basically, the process is pretty similar to any other scan I have had thus far. They go behind a door that says "Danger, radioactive material" and come out carrying a lead box or something like it with the radioactive symbol on it. Then they inject you with it. Kind of makes you wonder.

Anyway, after the dye sets in, you lay down on one of those scanner tables. They are actually rather comfy.The bonus was they offered me one of those warm blankets. It was freezing in there. So I just relaxed while the machine scanned me for about 20 minutes. I just told myself that I was vegging at the spa, and it worked. I thought was a nice touch that they had a tv screen on the ceiling above the machine. The only problem was they pulled me so far in that the screen was blocked by the machine. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

When it was done, I met with my oncology nurse. I can't say that was fun. She was mentally preparing me for chemo. Granted, there was nothing really new that she told me, but I didn't love what she reiterated. She talked about side effects. She actually encouraged me to stay out of work the whole 16 weeks. There is no way I can do that. I will go stir crazy I think. We will play it by ear, but the plan is still to go back to work part time on August 22. We will see how it goes.

Generally speaking, I am not nervous. I kind of felt the same way before surgery. Maybe it's just peace because it feels better to know I am doing something about this thing. I am ready to get the show on the road. All I want is to get this whole thing rolling.

Hey, on a random other note, when did Rachael Ray get an Oprah-like show? I though all she did was cook.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie-

    As always, tons of love, many prayers, thoughts, all of my strength, and positive vibes are with you. :) Yes, that was quite a mouthful!! Anyway, I know you will get through the chemo like everything else, a champ!!! I am rooting for you and behind you 100%.....but you should know that by now. Sixteen weeks is going to go by super-fast!!!! Lots of luck to you-you will do great!!!