Monday, August 29, 2011

weathering storms

We all encounter storms in our lives: figuratively and literally. Many of us did so in the past few days. I personally went into this weekend terrified: chemo and a direct hit hurricane did not sound like a good combination in my book. Either one on their own was probably doable, but throw them both together, and daunting wasn't sufficient enough of a word to describe it.

But I am grateful to say, I survived.

There are many of my loved ones out there who struggled through various storms this weekend as well. I am saddened by the fact that I can't be with them to help them through, but I hope they know in their hearts that I love them.

At the end of the day, we will all persevere, but sometimes the ride gets crazy, and it feels impossible to keep hanging on. Sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Literally. We keep digging deep for our strength and we usually can find it. Being strong can get exhausting, especially when we fight multiple battles on multiple fronts. We just have to remember that no storm lasts forever. The sun always finds its way through the trees, and sometimes we even see rainbows. But the only way you will see them is if you keep your chin up.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said that better myself. Absolutely beautiful, and so true. Hugs.

    Love,

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete