Sunday, August 7, 2011

a good day.

Today was the first true all around good day. I think (ok, I hope) I finally got a handle on the stupid little side effects. Took a little over a week. It's funny how minor things seem magnified when viewed through the eyes of cancer. 

Having spent the weekend amongst friends and family was a huge lift. It does help to surround and distract myself. Unfortunately, the "pink elephant" in the room inevitably comes up in discussion these days, but it isn't all about that. 

On that topic, a huge thank you to my friends and family for your support especially this weekend. Thank you for listening to me talk about weird topics. To my personal case manager, thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty in helping me with problem solving. You have gone beyond what any sister-in-law should ever have to do. Please know how much it's appreciated! 

Also, thank you to Steve for never making me feel badly for putting a damper on your birthday weekend! You are unbelievable. I'm very lucky.


And thank you to my sweet boy for just being an angel (ok aside from the haircut debacle. Sorry again Carol!). He fell asleep in the car on the way home. When I carried him into his room, he woke up just as I was putting him in his bed. He then said to me "you're the best, mommy!" and gave me a kiss goodnight. Ah my precious child!
As for what lies ahead in the near future, I am likely buzzing my hair this week. I only have a week or so before it all goes, and it's just easier if I take matters into my own hands. That's not going to be fun, but I just have to get through it. It's just one of those "rites of passage" for cancer patients. I know at some point in the near future I will be ok with it. I just need to bite the bullet and charge ahead. It sucks, but there's not much I can do about it.

Aside from that, here's hoping and praying God takes it easy on me this week. 
 As of now, no other doctor's appointments scheduled for this week. We will see how long that lasts. Round 2 comes friday.

Then there will be 6 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment