Thursday, October 27, 2011

Met with the Radiation Oncologist today.

Today's meeting with the radiation oncologist went well. He seems like a very decent person/practitioner. The week after Thanksgiving I will start 28 radiation sessions, 5 days a week. By all accounts, it will be much better than chemo. I cannot wait!

I plan on imagining that I am on an island with a fruity drink in my hand, soaking up the rays.

While I was waiting for my doctor, I met a woman in the waiting room. Today was her last day of treatment. She had a very similar medical plan to mine: double mastectomy, chemo, radiation. Her hair was starting to come back in! Woohooo! I took her presence as a sign that this will go well and in a blink of an eye, I will be there too.

1 comment:

  1. You will definitely be there!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you that you are nearing the end of this journey-and the tunnel is just up ahead!!!!! Hugs, love, and continued prayers always!!!!! Be well!!!! :)

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete