Sunday, October 23, 2011

everyone gets weary

No matter who we are, everyone of us had our trials in life. And as strong as we strive to be, we all get weary now and then. Life is like that. We all hit different points that require strength, perserverance and faith. We push through as best as we can. No matter how hard we try, inevitably, we all get worn down sometimes. For me, I just get tired of being strong.

The main part of today was good. I was tired in the morning, had a wave of normalcy mid-day, and then got hit with the aches and fatigue like a ton of bricks this evening. It's such a strange feeling when it hits. Out of nowhere, I feel like I need to lay down that immediate second. So I did.

I know I am in the home stretch now. It has been 5 and a half months since my diagnosis. That seems unbelievable to me. It went by so very quickly. My last infusion is less than two weeks away. I know that this will all be behind me soon. I just wish that fact would make the present day more bearable. I guess in some ways, it does, but I'm just tired. It will be so wonderful to be done with this interesting chapter of my life. Just gotta keep going. One foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment