Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chemo brain....

In honor of chemo round 6, taxol round 2, I thought I would share with you one of the more entertaining side effects of chemo: CHEMO BRAIN. It is a real occurance, not just something I made up. Google it if you don't believe me.

Here are some of the entertaining things that chemo brain has done to me:
  • I came dangerously close to putting paprika in my oatmeal instead of cinnamon. blah!
  • I have put several non food items in the fridge only to find them later when looking for something else
  • Words constantly evade me when I am trying to talk, so now I just make stuff up
  • I drove to Holmdel last week convinced I had my purse with me. When I got there, I realized I didn't have it
  • I intended to microwave something for 30 seconds, and instead cooked it for 3 minutes... oops. that didn't taste so good
  • I have repeatedly booked multiple things for the same time and had no clue I was doing it because my brain has no concept of time or schedules right now
  • During a recent dinner, I was completely confused as to where the serving bowls, hot plates, and utensils were. Jami got a good chuckle out of watching me spin around the kitchen.
  • I was given a bag of shirts for the walk to deliver 12 hours before seeing the recipients... That bag is STILL in my dining room.
I don't mind chemo brain. I kind of find it funny.

Today's treatment went well. Poor Mom. She had to catch up on all of the celebrity gossip for the year while I was sleeping the day away in the chair. I am halfway through Taxol now and 75% of the way through chemo. I think I can, I think I can!

2 comments:

  1. You most definitely can!!!!!!!!!! You are going to kick cancer's butt!!!!!!! You are definitely showing it who's the real boss; and I can guarantee you, it won't bother you anymore!!!!!!! I am so proud of you-and all of my thoughts, prayers, and love are always with you. Way to go girlie!!!!!!! :)

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me my mother in law ready about poor Catherine Zeta Jones, I am still so upset/confused by that story...5 months later...damn honeymoon! ~courtney

    ReplyDelete