Here are some of the entertaining things that chemo brain has done to me:
- I came dangerously close to putting paprika in my oatmeal instead of cinnamon. blah!
- I have put several non food items in the fridge only to find them later when looking for something else
- Words constantly evade me when I am trying to talk, so now I just make stuff up
- I drove to Holmdel last week convinced I had my purse with me. When I got there, I realized I didn't have it
- I intended to microwave something for 30 seconds, and instead cooked it for 3 minutes... oops. that didn't taste so good
- I have repeatedly booked multiple things for the same time and had no clue I was doing it because my brain has no concept of time or schedules right now
- During a recent dinner, I was completely confused as to where the serving bowls, hot plates, and utensils were. Jami got a good chuckle out of watching me spin around the kitchen.
- I was given a bag of shirts for the walk to deliver 12 hours before seeing the recipients... That bag is STILL in my dining room.
Today's treatment went well. Poor Mom. She had to catch up on all of the celebrity gossip for the year while I was sleeping the day away in the chair. I am halfway through Taxol now and 75% of the way through chemo. I think I can, I think I can!