Sunday, November 20, 2011

The first non-chemo chemo weekend.

This weekend was a good one! It was my first non-chemo chemo weekend. This was the first time that I was not recovering from treatment on an alternate week in 4 months. Being able to enjoy life and just do whatever was wonderful. Of course, that involved a trip to Holmdel and then a trip to North Jersey.

On Saturday morning, I went to the gym. This was not my first time exercising since my diagnosis, but it was the first time that I didn't feel totally pathetic in my attempt. I felt strong. The endorphins were kicking. It was the first time my mind was really wrapped around the thought "I did it! I made it through chemo!" For those 45 minutes, I felt like a superhero. It was the most amazing feeling.

Tomorrow, I go back to work in my office. Another milestone. I am looking forward to it, I think. I don't know exactly how it will go, but I assume it will be great to get back to normal life. I am just not looking forward to getting myself and Steven dressed and ready, but it will be ok.

On a random side note, I had a good chuckle on the treadmill Saturday. There was a report on the news about PETA asking the town of Turkey, Texas to rename itself for Thanksgiving to "Tofurkey, Texas". If the town agreed, PETA would provide every home with a vegan Thanksgiving feast. Then they interviewed the mayor, an overweight dude in a ten-gallon hat. Based on his appearance, I assumed he did not seem the type to be interested, and based on his interview. I laughed. It became quite apparent in his interview that I was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment