Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Medical update

So I finally concluded my hunt for Taxol today. I will be getting infusion one of four (as long as it's well tolerated) at Hackensack on Friday. The kicker is, my new oncologist called Monmouth to follow up on an issue on my pathology report. Within an hour of my appointment, I got a call from the nurse at Monmouth to tell me that they magically found me 4 doses of Taxol. Hmmm. Very "coincidental" if you ask me.

Anywho, at least I now have a plan again.

In other news, the Reader's Digest contest is going great. I keep on moving up the ranks, and took over the #6 spot today! Wooohoo! The only downside is there is a long time to go in this one and a lot could change. The voting is open until November 15. Yikes! If you have facebook and feel like voting, here is the link: http://apps.facebook.com/yourlifecontest/content/all-these-things-plus-one

Also, our Making Strikes team got knocked out of 3rd place in fundraising by some random team who went from zero to $5,000 in one fell swoop. Oh well, at least we are still the biggest. If you would like to walk with us, let me know and I can send you the info to register.

Tomorrow,  it's back to work. Always interesting. I am blessed to have a job that let's me work part-time from home during this craziness. That's my mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment