Wednesday, February 8, 2012

steps in the right direction

So far this week, I have gone to the gym 3 times for cardio. I also did a 30 minute yoga session, which by the way, you never realize how out of shape you are until you do yoga! Needless to say, I was sore the next day."but it's a good hurt"...

As part of the cancer transitions programs, we are supposed to set weekly goals. Mine are the following:
  • Go to the gym 4 times this week (3 down so far)
  • hit at least 4 servings of fruit/veggies daily (2 days in a row so far)
  • Drink 8-8 ounces of water (I think I have done this, but I haven't been diligent about counting to be sure)
  • Get back to weight watchers tracking (today is day 3 of that)
Rome wasn't built in a day right? I figure every little step in the right direction counts. It's been a long time since I have been well enough to consistently exercise and do healthful things. It's a wonderful feeling. I intend to be healthy for many years as I have much more to do and much more to contribute to this world. As a wise survivor keeps telling me, I will chose to go by "faith not fear".

No comments:

Post a Comment