Tuesday, December 13, 2011

it's all good

I have had about 10 people(including my husband) ask if I was ok because I haven't posted in a while! I have to admit, it was so nice to know people were still looking for the posts. All is going ok here. The reason for the lack of posting is purely exhaustion. Going back to work and starting radiation at the same time took a lot out of me. It's going well, it's just a huge uptick in activity.

Since I last posted, here are some fun things that have happened. You all know I am being published in Reader's Digest. That will be available on book shelves February 14th, and sure, for those of you who want autographs, I'd be happy to oblige! Haha. I have been good about going to the gym, and changing my diet. I have lost 3.5 pounds so far which is a decent start. I did my first race this past Sunday. It was only a mile, and I couldn't run the whole thing which made me feel pretty lame, but at least I did it. I guess it's not bad for being only a month from chemo.

Generally speaking, I am just trying to get my life back on track and somewhat back to normal. It's starting to feel familiar and comfortable again. I am less cancer-centric, which is wonderful. I still need your prayers as my war against cancer is far from over. In fact, it may never truly be over, even if I am declared cancer-free at some point in the future.

1 comment:

  1. If we ran...we wouldn't have been able to talk as much! :) Next time - a 5k!

    ReplyDelete