Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reflecting....

The last eight weeks went fast. Maybe faster than I prefer. Today is my last chemo dose before scans will determine next steps. If the scans so no progression of disease, then I stick with the chemo protocol for another 8 weeks. If not, then plan b which I believe is on to an oral daily chemo drug. Of course, I know what I am hoping for.

Looking back, I have to admit, I was apprehensive about working full time through chemo, especially with busy season looming large. However, I did it! I impressed myself. It wasn't a perfect 8 weeks but I managed to get through it, and I am proud of that. Goes to show that advanced cancer isn't always as devastating in the near term as I would have thought. Granted, the next few days will tell me if I am getting the disease under control or not. Advanced cancer is always a scary threat, and scans, while they are helpful in the management, are the largest source of anxiety in the world. and I have to admit, it will royally piss me off if I lost my hair for nothing.

But I have done all I can do at this point and what will be will be. I just hope that it's time for a bit of good. We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment