Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A prayer request for a young girl battling leukemia...

My cousin Danielle goes to St Joe's in Philly. She reached out to me last night with a prayer request. I hope that I can help by sharing this with you. I am not sure that my blog has quite the following that it did at one time now that I am out of treatment, but I figure if I can get a couple of more people to offer up some prayers, that's always a good thing!

Here's the story: Casey Doolin is a senior at SJU and was diagnosed with Leukemia over spring break, so maybe two months ago, and it apparently was the most treatable kinds. She started treatment 4 days after the diagnosis. She did about a month of chemo and they tested her blood and it showed that there weren't cancer cells, then when they check again two weeks later, 50% of her blood contained the cancer cells. (I think that's the correct explanation...?) She is home now and they want to increase the intensity of the treatment but do fewer treatments, hoping to do better this time.

Her brother is in Danielle's class and was on her spring break Appalachia trip last year and is being tested to see if he is a match for a bone marrow transplant for her. They had a mass for her a month ago at SJU and had a Relay for Life team for her, its amazing the support the school has shown.

Think about it. Most people in their spring semester of their Senior year are thinking about where they will be working or going to grad school. This girl's life was interrupted by cancer! She isn't being robbed of what should be an exciting time in her life. Please pray that she does well with this treatment, and that her brother is a match so she can get a bone marrow transplant. Please keep her family in your prayers as this must be a heart wrenching time for them. Her parents should be preparing to celebrate her graduation, but yet, instead they have to watch her go through treatments. It must be simply heartbreaking.

Life is pretty crazy sometimes. and I pray that it gets better for Casey. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for keeping her close in your thoughts and prayers as she battles her way through leukemia.

1 comment: